Malmö University Library offers you an opportunity to get further knowledge about publishing strategies and what aspects can be included in your choices of publication outlets.
By the end of this seminar, you will have reflected on your publication strategy and publishing choices as well as identified how this can influence impact, accessibility and dissemination of your research. Session activities will include a mix of lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises.
The seminar will cover:
- A general introduction to citation indexes and bibliometric analysis.
- An introduction to the what and how of open access publishing, including financing publishing fees, copyright and policies.
- Understand how bibliometrics is used for assessment and funding
- Learned how to use some supporting tools, for e.g. searching journals visibility and impact, like Web of Science, Journal Citation Report, SCImago journal & country rank, Google Scholar
- Know what to bear in mind when publishing open access
- Know how to assess a journal’s or publisher’s quality
Date: 20 April
Time: 9.00-12.00 Including coffee :-)
Room: C526 Orkanen Library
Registration: email@example.com – deadline for registration 15th of April
If the sessions are of interest to you, but the dates do not suit you, or if you have any questions, please contact Sara.